Hackensack, New Jersey, Attorneys Serving Businesses and Individuals
Schiffman, Abraham, Kaufman & Ritter, P.C. has tremendous experience assisting New Jersey and New York businesses as well as individuals in a wide variety of legal fields, including:
- Civil Litigation Overview: Our business litigation attorneys assist clients with a wide variety of disputes involving commercial contracts; the Uniform Commercial Code; purchase and sale of businesses and real estate; leases; banking; corporate lending; construction disputes for developers, contractors and subcontractors; fraud and RICO claims; securities; claims against public entities; and defamation.
- Chancery Practice: Our lawyers represent clients in chancery proceedings, handling injunctions and temporary restraining orders in business disputes, real estate disputes, and shareholder and partnership litigation.
- Family Law and Divorce: including divorce, legal separation, child support, child custody and visitation, spousal support and alimony, prenuptial agreements, modification of prior divorce judgments, adoption, name changes, cohabitation agreements, non-marital partnership agreements and disputed paternity proceedings.
- Estate and Probate Litigation: including disputes involving the appointment or actions of executors, administrators, trustees or guardians; will contests due to alleged duress, undue influence, or lack of testamentary capacity; and other probate actions.
- Appellate Practice: Our firm is accustomed to the complexities of the appeals courts and procedures. Our firm represents clients in civil appeals in the state and federal courts involving corporate litigation, commercial/business litigation, chancery and probate litigation, family law disputes and other civil litigation.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Our team of mediators and arbitrators work to reach a cost effective and workable resolution.
- Commercial Real Estate: including contracts, easements, rights of way, construction agreements, leasing, litigation, acquisitions, site plans, variances, governmental plan approvals, environmental issues and more. We can also help you prevent foreclosure on a business property.
- Corporate and Commercial: including business formation, contracts, employment issues, governmental compliance and all other tasks that an "in-house" attorney would provide. We can also help businesses with banking and lending issues including securing capital for projects and formation.
- Shareholders and Partnerships: This very delicate, distinct area of law requires knowledge of applicable statutes and careful negotiation and planning. Our effectiveness is evidenced by the fact that fellow lawyers frequently contact us and use our dissolution services.
- Banking and Lending: We help entrepreneurs start new businesses and help existing businesses grow through assistance with securing initial financing and the acquisition of additional capital.
- Foreclosure: Services include working with lenders and property owners to prevent business foreclosures through interest rate renegotiation, mortgage restructuring, and appropriate extension of new or additional loans based on forensic mortgage audits.
- Environmental Law: including agency proceedings, leaking underground storage tanks, wetlands delineations, flood plain issues, Non-Applicability Determinations, Negative Declarations Approvals, Approved Cleanup Plans and more.
- Franchise and Distributorship Law: including litigation, negotiation and transactions involving franchises of hotel chains, fast food chains, gasoline/oil company franchises and motor vehicle dealership franchises.
- Estate Planning and Administration: including preparation of wills, trusts, guardianships, life insurance trusts, living trusts, living wills, health plan directives and durable family power of attorney, as well as administration of wills, trusts and probate proceedings.
- Taxation: including audits and disputes, Tax Court petition filing, settlement negotiations, installment agreements, criminal investigations and more.
- Employment Law: Our lawyers represent employers and employees with discrimination litigation, wrongful discharge cases, and employment contract issues.
- Personal Injury: including personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from defective products, construction or workplace accidents and other serious accidents.
- Mold Infestation: Exposure to toxic mold can lead to heath conditions, property damage and other problems. Our attorneys pursue liability for mold infestation.
- Professional Malpractice: including claims involving doctors, dentists, lawyers, chiropractors, engineers, architects and other professional persons.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation: Our firm represents corporations and individuals whose claims have been denied by their insurers, including health, homeowner's, professional malpractice, disability and life insurance policies.
Of course, many of these areas are interrelated. Our attorneys are experienced with multiple practice areas and each case is handled by a team of experienced lawyers. This approach benefits our clients in many ways. For example, our business litigation attorneys lend their experience to ensuring that corporate transactions are handled in such a way as to proactively minimize the likelihood of future court battles.
Contact us for skilled legal representation. Our clients are individuals and businesses throughout New Jersey and the Metropolitan New York area.
Please visit our monthly Family Law Newsletter for more general legal information about various topics in this area.